Strange behavior from Albino Cory Catfish

Juggernaut
HI guys,

Lately one of my Albino Cory Catfish has been acting very strangely. I keep finding it laying down in all sorts of strange locations - and most of the time it is laying down upside-down on its back.

I have found it laying upside-down on top of my moss ball, on some of the fake decorative rocks I have, and on the leaves of a floating plant. It even has been taking to going to my filter intake pipe and intentionally getting sucked onto the top intake grid - I thought it was dead, so turned filter off and he just swam away like nothing was wrong - has done this for the past 3-4 days.

Both of my Albino cories are showing red blotches on their faces and their tail fins are looking ripped up but just this one (from what I can tell) is acting very strangely.

Is this an identifiable disease?

All other fish seem just fine.

Water parameters:
pH 7.6
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 40
temp 78-80.
30 gallon tank

Thanks!

el337
What other fish do you have in the tank? Can you post a pic? Doesn't sound too good if you're finding him upside down and stuck to the filter.

Mom2some
What is causing the ripped fins & other issues? I don't have much experience, but I would do a big water change to get the nitrates down. Clean water can help a multitude of issues and will help the fins heal. Sorry to hear about your Cory. I hope someone else can help.

Dave125g
There scale less fish. It sounds like something is irritating her shin. Can you get a pic up?

Dayna Ann
Welcome to Fishlore! I cannot offer any help, but I hope your fish are okay.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Magtom
Replies
Views
Swampgorilla
Replies
Views
Jaimelee64
Replies