Story of Success

1. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

So, in the past few days I've been able to purchase two used 55 gal full setups and possibly a 50 gal full setup for $175 and a few small items traded. I am on a roll!!! Sorry, just wanted to share!

2. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Way to Go! MTS is alive and well.

3. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Congrats! any plans? or are you stocking up for the future... ;)

4. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Future. But unfortunately, the 50 gallon did not work out. Both the 55's do need some good cleaning and a little DIY work! But they will both be nice tanks!

5. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

Great find!! Good luck! :)

6. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Got a 75 gallon setup for $100 :)

7. Ziggi

Congrats again! Everything included?

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats, sounds like your on a roll for tanks! I have stopped looking at anything less than 75gal lately as I have too many in storage and need to thin them out a bit. Im now looking at anything over 6 feet as I really want to get some Bala sharks.

9. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

It was a nice wooden stand, the tank, and one 40 watt light strip that works.

All of the tanks I have bought came with stands that are not in the greatest shape (aesthetically) and the tanks need cleaned. But that means I get to actually update them and make them the way I want them by restaining them and adding hardware, etc.

10. Ziggi

:'( Thats what I want!!! (so long as it's structurally sound/perfect, I dont care how it looks, elbow grease goes a long way!) Really, I just want a tank and stand, I love customization! If a good lighting system and glass hood comes with it, great. A filter I actually want is awesome but I always question: "... why? ... whats wrong with it!" :p unless it's a case of clearing the clutter or lost interest in the hobby. I kinda like new warranties so ... yeah :D

I've been eyeing a craigslist post with like 5 40-70 gal bowfront tank and stands. I want to say other items (canister filter was listed, dont know what else) included if you get a tank, first come first serve. But I dont have the funds for them at like $400 max I believe. Oh well, here's for browsing!

11. B

Borngemini Valued Member Member

Wish I could post on here! Mine would be how to be unsuccessful lol! Well done aswell :)

12. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Well all, here are the plans for these tanks. My brother is purchasing the 75 gallon off of me. We will be reinforcing the stand (just for the sake of age), and refinishing/adding hardware to it. I'm going to add a little bit of height/reinforce one of the 55 gal stands and possibly do a smaller tank on it at work...not sure yet.

And then lastly, I've decided to try my hand at building a stand for the other 55 gallon, since it's stand just isn't worth fixing up. I've already got the plans ready based on other DIY stands I've seen built. Only gonna cost me around $35 to build (more if I want to make it look all fancy).