Store bought stand

GrumpyOldMan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I am moving my 45 gallon tank to my bedroom. This was a set that came with the cheap Petsmart stand. After emptying it and cleaning it all out, I dragged it all upstairs, and after setting the tank on the stand, it appears that the floor under the carpeting is uneven. The stand and empty tank will rock forward with very little effort. I have read that I can use wooden shims, but I am worried they will split under the weight once the tank is filled with water. I have moved the stand away from the wall to make sure it is not on the carpeting tack strips. Was thinking about leveler legs, but this stand is nothing but pressed wood and I can see them failing as well. Looking for a little help/ideas here.

Cobaltshark

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Shims will be fine. I have them under a 55 gallon with a sump and very robust (2x4 construction) diy stand. I've had no issues. I used several sets spread across the front.

Fishy Friends

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am wondering if a thick piece of plywood cut a few inches larger than the stand all the way around in addition to the shims would be an idea? If the stand is black - you could spray paint the top of the plywood to match.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom