Stopping ghost shrimp from eating shrimp and snails?

Chenpoes

My ghost shrimp have somehow become wildly carnivorous. I got a small group of 6 several years ago and still have their line going strong in my tank, but they've definitely evolved lol. Up until maybe this year, they were perfectly happy with flakes and wafers, but they've started hunting and eating my rcs and young snails (cleaned the bottom of the tank a month ago, attached a pick to show just how many they've killed since). If I put them in another tank and limited their food to nonliving things, and then after a while put them back, would that work? Or do I just need to permanently pull them if I want them to stop? Any other ideas would be welcome as well.

toeknee

Can you get a close up picture of one? It's possible you might actually have Whisker shrimp, which look very very similar to Ghosts only much more aggressive. I've seen whisker shrimp at petco sold under the name of ghost shrimp before.

Chenpoes

toeknee said:
Can you get a close up picture of one? It's possible you might actually have Whisker shrimp, which look very very similar to Ghosts only much more aggressive. I've seen whisker shrimp at petco sold under the name of ghost shrimp before.
My camera did not want to focus on them, hope these are good enough for an ID:

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom