stop them from building bubble nest

tuff_33

Reaction score
i have 2 male dwarf gouramis and they have made a bubble nest. i don't have a female and not looking at getting one. they fight over who guards the nest but they both take turns in building it. this has gone on for about 4 days. how can i make them stop building a nest and going crazy at each other??? is it because the temp is to high (28-26c) ??
what should i do? ???

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are you feeding them fresh or frozen foods? That can sometimes stimulate the desire to build the bubblenest. Also a lot of the time it is merely a sign that they are happy with where they are. I think you cannot do anything to stop it. You can try to lower the temperature to 26c and leave it there but I wouldn't go any lower than that. I am so sorry not to be able to help more but gouramis other than their cousins the Bettas are not my specialties and I am only going on what I do know about them.

Welcome to Fishlore.com. This is a great site where we really do try to help each other answer questions about the everyday problems coming up in our keeping of our little fish friends. It is my hope that you have as pleasurable an experience here as I have had.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom