Stop the Madness? How Do I

1. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

I need help. I have a problem.

Hi, my name is Tony. I am addicted to rescuing betta fish.

Yesterday I came home with a new little girl ... total number of bettas climbed to four.

Today, I went to Petsmart with my partner to get a nail trimmer for our cats ... and what did we happen to pass? A shelf full of veiltail bettas on sale for $2.99. We looked over them just to see what kind of colors were there ... and I just so happened to find a nice yellow veiltail. I've always been interested in rescuing a yellow boy, I think they're really pretty. I showed him to my partner and before you knew it, my partner was talking to him! The name conversation quickly started and before we knew it the little guy had three possible names. At that point, I told my partner we couldn't leave him at the store - we'd already named him! We began hunting for supplies (I have an empty tank with a light timer but needed everything else).

We stopped at a second store with lower prices and before I could say "Whats happening to me!?" I had 10lbs of gravel, decorations, silk plants, a filter and a heater. The new boy has just been introduced to his 5g tank and I'm letting him settle in.

Lucy ... your prediction was right ... it wouldn't take me long to fill my empty tanks ... and now we are up to FIVE bettas! Our new boy's name is Braniff. He is a yellow veiltail with some black flecks on his body.

When does it end? I'm running out of room. I'm running out of tanks. And I'm going to need a second job to pay the electric bill!

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! I LOVE that name. It's very original. I've seen very few yellow bettas and hope you can post pics of your new additions soon.

3. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

It never ends! As long as you have the empty tanks... the bettas will call for you...

4. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

LOL... I love the name! (I'm old enough to remember Braniff and all the pretty colored airplanes and mod outfits.) Can't wait for pictures.

5. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Yay Tigerlily! We named him after finding one of the "jellybean" themed airplanes in "lemon yellow". Very exciting :)

6. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

LOL... I'm an Air Force brat so airplanes are "in my blood" so to speak. Braniff and all your other bettas have such a wonderful home. I am grinning from ear to ear at how your partner, who asked about the electric bill, was such a gung-ho participant in Braniff's rescue.

7. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

So am I! Now I know the secret...get the cup into his hands and go "What should we name him?" LOL

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL hahahah you see... it wont stop :) LOL love the naming idea, it seems to work! LOL

9. lorabell Well Known Member Member

why stop now???....lollll

10. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Yeah, there are so many more airline names... why stop now? LOL

11. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

stopping? what's this stopping you speak of?
    Also I do believe that there is something important missing from this thread...

12. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Something wiggly and jellybean yellow perhaps????

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on the new addition. I'll be looking forward to photos. Do you have one named Piedmont? If not....looks like another trip to the fish store is in order! teehee.
    Ken

14. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Something important is missing, you say? I can't imagine what! Pictures will have to wait until probably Thursday. I am leaving in 50 minutes for a four-day trip. So when I get back I'll get some pictures of Braniff. I promise!

Ken ... the fact that we don't have one named Piedmont did come to light yesterday at Petsmart. There may be a little blue and white betta in my future. haha!

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

:giggle:
    Travel safely!
    Ken

16. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

MEANIE! :p

17. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

I've been called worse. LOL

18. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Hee hee, congrats, and the madness will NEVER stop :whistling:. As long as there is space and resource, there will be bettas...

19. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Only 5? You barely have any! Talk to me when you're at 24! LOL.

(Actually come to think of it, at present I only have 13, I'm down on my usual number of 2 years ago!) Hmmmm, here betta betta betta, wanna be rescued?