Stoking ideas for 15.5 Gallon?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jladd, Mar 22, 2010.

1. JladdNew MemberMember

HEEEELLLO!!!!! My uncle recently gave me his old 15.5 gallon tank that he used for his lizard. I was wondering what kind of fish would be best? What would be good fish for a small community tank? or good bigger fish that i could have in there 1 or 2? open to all suggestions thanks!!!

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!
    Do you still have one of the cichlids mentioned in your other thread?

3. OP
    OP
    J

JladdNew MemberMember

Yes but this is a different tank, looking to make this my third in my bedroom!!! :)

4. sls1199New MemberMember

how about:
    a pair of sparkling gourami's
    a small school of tetras like neons or cardinals
    and some shrimp for the lower levels to pick up excess food

5. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Hmmm... I think I would go with 5 pygmy cories for the bottom and a school of neons. Or maybe 2-3 male guppies instead of the neons.

6. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Be sure to check the seals and leak test the tank before setting it up. Sometimes reptiles can damage the silicone. Also, is there a sticker somewhere around the top or bottom frame that tells you the manufacturer? Before filling the tank, it's important to make sure that it is designed for use as an aquarium. Some tanks are designed for use as a terrarium only and are not meant to be filled with water. :)

7. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Wow, harpua - EXCELLENT information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice