Stockingthe 90g

1. k9z3boys Member Member

ok- so here what I thinkin after asking round and doing research etc.
    tell me if this will work and if not, why not ( not compatible, eat each other, differing temps, etc) and if its just too many-- too big a bioload.

Tank will be 90g ( 48x18x24)
    will put the 4 mollies and the 6 otos that we already have ( to take that tank down)
    guppies
    nice school of danios ( 10-15?)
    assorted corys ( at least 6.... )
    2 angels

is this too many?

can a rubberlip, otos and corys all be in the same tank if we decide to take 3 tanks down?

again, will this overload it?

I heard guppies don't play well with others -- how will they do with angels? ( and vise versa?)

thanks

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Mollies & guppies prefer harder water than the other fish on your wish list, they can also interbreed which isn't a good idea, some mollies can be bullies & angel fins could be a temptation, male guppies being small could be targeted by the angels
    I wouldn't have Otos & plecs together, the plecs may out compete the Oto's for food & the Oto's will lose out, corys & plecs are ok together however if you get corys get 6+ of the same kind, don't mix & match them as some have slightly different needs & you'll see more natural behaviour if you just get one type.

3. k9z3boys Member Member

that's all very helpful :)
    if we put the guppies and mollies together in the 26 would that be ok? ( I've heard they can interbreed, I also heard that with platys and mollies...so far no one in my tanks are interested in makin babies...)

right now my corys are mix and match haha... it''ll be hard to just pick one kind for the 90.

then the 90 would have danios, corys. otos and angel?!

then the 26 would stay up with mollies and guppies
    10 guppy goes away
    danios and rubberlip goes to 90 and it is taken down....
    my rubberlip wont compete for algae... he doesn't come out from under his wood...and the otos will eat zucchini and pellets. I will keep the bristle plecos in the 60.

right?

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

That sounds ok to me, you could possibly have two groups of corys in the 90 so you wouldn't have to choose just one favourite, what corys do you already have?

5. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Yes you could keep some mollies and guppies in the 26. Have a look at this site for some stocking help:http://aqadvisor.com Don't rely on it 100% though.

Assuming the corys you are deciding on are the one in your 60g, I would avoid mixing peppered with angels as the peppered prefer lower temps (20-24) celsius/68-75 degrees fahrenheit) and the angels prefer higher temps. (24-28 degrees celsius/75-82 fahrenheit) Not Knowing what species the albinos are I would say the best cory for this tank would be the emeralds. They have a very wide temperature range (20-28 degrees celsius/68-82 fahrenheit)

Good luck!

6. k9z3boys Member Member

3 peppers ( pepper, cayenne and zest)
    2 albinos ( Albany and blizzard)
    1 green - emerald maybe...he was with the peppers and he aint no pepper ( Bismarck)

that many corys along with the others wont overstock it ?

I don't doubt you, just want to be careful- im super bad about overstocking...

7. k9z3boys Member Member

I have never gotten aqadvisor to work.... goes to some generic google page :(

I wont take the coys that are in the 60 now out- they are staying put :)
    it is interesting to note the differences for the others and what the angels need, I will certainly take that into consideration, thank you

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If the albinos are aenus then you could get 4 more of those & 5 of the emerald & they could go in the 90, then the peppered could go in the 26 or 60

9. k9z3boys Member Member

yes, the albinos are aenus.
    no one else would go in the 26 other then the mollies and guppies. ( maybe some shrimp as the clean up crew)
    the corys that are in the 60's stay in the 60- these would be all new corys In the 90.

harleblendora said probably not peppers cause of the temp difference...
    definitely somethings to think about... :)

you rock!

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Harlebleondora is correct about the peppered, they need much cooler water than most corys.
    If you're having all new ones in the 90 there's quite a few corys that wouldn't mind the higher temps, bronze, albino or sterbai are probably the most readily available, you could have a mixed shoal of bronze & albino aenus as they are the same fish just different colours