30 Gallon Tank Stocking

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all,

I would like to add to a 30 gallon tank:

1 Bolivian ram, 3 yoyo loaches, 1 dwarf gourami, and 6 cardinal tetras. Is this a good setup for a 30 gallon? Any feedback would be great, I'd like to know, compatibility and stocking levels. Is it overstocked at that point. Thanks for your time.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay. So, I think I've had a change of heart. Opinions on this stocking everyone?

Pair of Kribs, 3 or 4 Yoyo loaches, and 6 Cardinal Tetras. Would that be a good setup still?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I dont have experience with kribs or yoyos (yet), but i think you can up the tetras to 10-12. from the research ive done, yoyos seem to be very boisterous - not sure how that would play out if the kribs start spawning.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mine are moderately active. They cool down at night, oddly, partly because I've trained them to eat during the day. Basically, I'd be transferring the loaches from a 20 gallon. Since I could add more tetras to the tank, would it be possible to add my DG as well? I was going to give it to a friend along with my barbs, but if I could get away with 6 tetras and a DG that would be cool.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I think it would be cool to get a male and female, how hard would it be to get one of each? Do they sex easily at an early age. or would it be luck of the draw?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
We have several krib keepers here...I'm not one of them. You should start another thread in the krib section - I bet you'll get more responses that way.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom