Stocking 100 Gallon Tank

1. play Member Member

I need help what to put on my last minute wishlist for my sister's tank.she has a 100g tank that we share.She really likes cichlids wat do you think I should buy for her?

2. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Depends on your filtration really...

3. play Member Member

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

whats already in there for fish? i know from your other post, you just got an african cichlid which cant really go with anything else but other african cichlids...

5. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Yellow labs or Acei are cool.

6. play Member Member

I have no fish in their anymore.So now me and my sister share it and she likes cichlids I was thinking about giving her my 2 Lemon Cichlids from my 10g when they get big nough.
    She was really interested in the 15in Green Terror we saw at petco.But,if I get her that will I still be able to put the Lemon Cichlids in their.

I can't seem to find labs anywhere I looked on ebay and found one but they wanted $150
    for shipping.

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

if your "lemon cichlids" are http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/l_caeruleus.php , they cannot go with other cichlids other than african cichlids...dont mix them or you will have issues...they have different water requirements and different food requirements..if you read that link, it will suggest other fish that can go with them....a 15in green terror will eat anything and everything you put in with it not to mention ive never seen or heard of one over 8-10 inches

8. play Member Member

So what about a spiecies only tank for convicts.

9. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/leleupi.php (thanks again outlaw!) these are the current cichlids....not labs...I appoligize again ;)

so the question is, do you want to do an ALL african cichlid tank? or a mix of different SA or CA cichlids? (cons cannot go with your lemon cichlids)

10. play Member Member

I just want cons and parrot cichlids.Can cons breed with parrots

11. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

no they wont breed but what will you do with your new and current lemon cichlids?

12. outlaw Well Known Member Member

Where were you about 6mo ago. We traded our adult Yellow Lab into the LFS to re-home it.

There are a lot of different types of Lake Tanganyika (African) Cichlids that could go with and be happy with your Lemon Cichlids.