Stocking

1. j

jenema Valued Member Member

Looking for some unique stocking suggestions for my 29g tank. I've had the tank set up for about a year and unfortunately due to a death in the family and other issues I neglected it and had a few fish deaths. Once it is completely stable again I will be looking for some more fish for it. Currently there are 7 harlequin rasboras and a female kribensis that survived.

2. s

superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

Unique?

Here's some less common fish I've seen that would look cool IMO

Whiptail catfish
    Peacock gudgeon
    Green fire tetras
    Keyhole or Rainbow Cichlid (not sure if that's ok with the krib)
    Vampire Shrimp?

3. BamBamSorg

BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Seems pretty stocked already but you could get 1 small fish like a DG or something that will be happy in that size of a tank

4. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I'd suggest upping the rasboras to about 10. You can also do a top dwelling fish like honey gourami (1 or 2) or a dwarf gourami. You could also think about doing a bottom dweller like cories or kuhli loaches but that will depend largely on the temperament of your krib.

5. OP
    OP
    j

Definitely not fully stocked. I had a full grown small angel I got from a breeder (for some reason never got bigger that 3.5" so he decided not to breed her), a sparkling gourami, and 2 otos (yes I know they should be in groups of 6+). They lived happily in the tank with not a single water condition problem for almost a year.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. OP
    OP
    j

I was definitely going to up the rasboras to at least 8. I think the krib would go after anything on the bottom. She went after a Bolivian ram I tried at one point and I ended up having to take back to the lfs. But she left my everything else alone.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Aside from possibly adding a male krib, you shouldn't add any other type of cichlid to your tank while you still have a krib in there. For a long time, my 29 gal was stocked with 8x harlequins, 6x bronze cories, a honey gourami, and a bolivian ram. Again, depending on your krib, you may or may not be able to add cories. If you don't want to risk cories, maybe go with a bristle nose pleco?