Stocking

1. Bhopkins1311 Member Member

Heres what i have in my 55 gallon

- 8 neon tetra (want about 5 more)
    - 1 small angel fish (can i get more angels)
    - 1 pearl gourami (can i get other gouramis)
    - 1 bolivian ram (can i get 1 or 2 more as hes my favorite)
    - bristlenose pleco
    - clown pleco

I want to get some more fish
    Especially some more for the top section of my tank as the gourami is alone up there.

Can i get a different kind of gourami.. Or a few more angel fish, or can i have more then 1 ram

Maybe a school of the harliquin rasboras..

Also maybe some panda corys or something

Any tips

2. corylover99 Member Member

I would not getting another species of gourami other than another pearl. If your pearl is a male then you should add a female or two. If your pearl is female, then you could add another female or a male.

3. Bhopkins1311 Member Member

How can i tell if its male or female

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Unfortunately, neon tetras are not compatible with angelfish. Angelfish like warmer temperatures than the neon tetras. I would rehome them. They will eventually become snacks for the angels as well. If you wanted to replace them with harlequin rasboras that would be fine

I would not do a different kind of gourami in addition to the pearl. I would either up the number of pearl gourami's (no more than 1 male) or up the number of angelfish. You could do 2 or 4 bolivians in total. I think that would be fine but if you are going to do cories or some other bottom dwelling fish on top of the 2 pleco's and bolivians I would stick with 2 bolivians total. Panda cories do not like warm water so I'd go with either aeneus or sterbai cories.

5. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

Male pearl gouramis usually have orange on their throat, are bigger than females, and have a longer dorsal fin
    I agree, you should rehome your neons and get maybe 10-15 harlequin rasbora

6. Bhopkins1311 Member Member

How is this: 12 neon tetra
    12 harliquin rasboras
    2 angel fish
    4 bolivian rams
    1 pearl gourami
    8 cory
    1 bristlenose pleco
    Another kind of pleco

Minus the neons

7. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

You should only have 2 Bolivian rams if your going to also have cories and 2 small plecos