Stocking with TTS?

1. Tropical Aquatics Member Member

So, I have a 60 gallon tank that I added two bottles of TTS. I added three baby mollies I bought from my LFS, and four albino cories. Its been a little more then a week, about a week and two days. I am wondering when I can add more to my tank, as I want to get two more cories so I have a group of six. My water parameters are alright, dont mind the PH as my tap has a high PH, and I am getting fish from my LFS that also uses the high PH water that we have in my area.

PH: 8.4

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrites: 0ppm

Nitrates: 20ppm

I have a tank with about the same parameters, only difference is the PH, which is at 8.2. I keep cherry shrimp, oto catfish, and galaxy rasboras in that one. So, back to the topic. When do you recommend I add more fish and how many at a time? Thanks

2. katiemorrison94 Member Member

You might want to wait another week or so just so you don't have a spike and kill your current fish. Definitely get those extra corys so the have a group to swim with.

3. Tropical Aquatics Member Member

Alright, thanks! Just asking because im going to the store right now.

4. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Do you have any nitrates in your tap? If none, I agree that you should wait the full 14 days that Tetra recommends before adding more fish.

5. Tropical Aquatics Member Member

Last time I tested, I had nitrates in my tap. I can check in and let you guys know. Would it make any difference if I did so?

6. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

If tap nitrates are 20ppm, I would say you aren't cycled yet.