Stocking with TTS?

1. Tropical Aquatics

Tropical Aquatics Member Member

Ratings:
    +13
    So, I have a 60 gallon tank that I added two bottles of TTS. I added three baby mollies I bought from my LFS, and four albino cories. Its been a little more then a week, about a week and two days. I am wondering when I can add more to my tank, as I want to get two more cories so I have a group of six. My water parameters are alright, dont mind the PH as my tap has a high PH, and I am getting fish from my LFS that also uses the high PH water that we have in my area.

PH: 8.4

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrites: 0ppm

Nitrates: 20ppm

I have a tank with about the same parameters, only difference is the PH, which is at 8.2. I keep cherry shrimp, oto catfish, and galaxy rasboras in that one. So, back to the topic. When do you recommend I add more fish and how many at a time? Thanks

2. katiemorrison94

katiemorrison94 Member Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You might want to wait another week or so just so you don't have a spike and kill your current fish. Definitely get those extra corys so the have a group to swim with.

3. OP
    OP
    Tropical Aquatics

Ratings:
    +13
    Alright, thanks! Just asking because im going to the store right now.

4. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +3,125
    Do you have any nitrates in your tap? If none, I agree that you should wait the full 14 days that Tetra recommends before adding more fish.

5. OP
    OP
    Tropical Aquatics

Ratings:
    +13
    Last time I tested, I had nitrates in my tap. I can check in and let you guys know. Would it make any difference if I did so?

6. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +3,125
    If tap nitrates are 20ppm, I would say you aren't cycled yet.