Stocking With Sparkling Gouramis

Piaelliott

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about setting up a 20 gal long with
6-8 Sparkling Gouramis ((Trichopsis pumila)
12 Chili Rasboras (Borara brigittae)

Any idea for a bottom dweller? Kuhlis would be perfect but I already have them in my 40 gallon.

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

Firstly, that is way overstocking a 20 gallon with that many gouramis! They are territorial and youre pushing two in a 20 gallon if they happen to have peaceful personalities. You can only really have 1 for that size and they can grow.
As for the rasboras, a tank of 12 should be fine as they are small and school. (Do you plan on putting both species in the tank?)

Hope this helps and best of luck!

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello!

Firstly, that is way overstocking a 20 gallon with that many gouramis! They are territorial and youre pushing two in a 20 gallon if they happen to have peaceful personalities. You can only really have 1 for that size.
As for the rasboras, a tank of 12 should be fine as they are small and school. (Do you plan on putting both species in the tank?)

Hope this helps and best of luck!
I think 6-8 would be fine. Are you confusing them with dwarf gouramis?

Piaelliott

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you want to stick to tiny fish? If so Asian stone catfish might work as bottom dwelers
Haha, can you tell I like tiny fish? I'd like to have Asian stone catfish but they like it cooler unfortunately. I was thinking I need 25 C for the Sparkling Gouramis which would be fine with the boraras as well.
Ack! Sorry, I jumped the gun on the dwarf v pygmies! Then yes, 6-8 should be fine.
Yep, the names can be so confusing with Gouramis, that's why I added the Latin name

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Haha, can you tell I like tiny fish? I'd like to have Asian stone catfish but they like it cooler unfortunately. I was thinking I need 25 C for the Sparkling Gouramis which would be fine with the boraras as well.

Yep, the names can be so confusing with Gouramis, that's why I added the Latin name
Ah sorry! I don't know of any other that would work other than kuhli loaches, cories or shrimp

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom