Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Stocking Suggestions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by mjryan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. mjryanValued MemberMember

Hey all,
    I have almost everything I need to start up my 33 gallon long. The tank is going to be dirt with black diamond blasting sand as the cap. I bought a beamswork ea .5 watt light. Hopefully this will be enough light for the easy plants I plan on growing. I just have no idea what I should put in here. I do have 6 endlers in a smaller tank I would like to put in this tank. What center piece fish should I use? I really would like to get a species that would breed. Just not sure what to go with. Would like something different.
    Thanks, Matt.

2. ZniazValued MemberMember

Hey Matt,
    I think the endlers are a great choice. Maybe you could use guppies instead, or try shrimp. Shrimp are great and colourful as well, and a great suit for a long tank. Plants would be best if they were easy, such as Windelov java fern, Anubias and mosses.
    Good Luck!

3. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

it's hard to breed in a community tank because the inhabitants will most likely eat the eggs/fry.

i love honey gouramis; a group of 3 (1m 2f) would be good for a centerpiece. depending on the conditions, they may breed in the tank, but the male would be pretty aggressive to passerbys, and the fry will be eaten when they hatch

4. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Shrimp usually stress and hide a lot with other fish. So expect not to seek them for a while if you are them. And give them hiding places.

5. mjryanValued MemberMember

I'm really thinking on this and I may go with figure 8 puffers. I'm not really aiming for a community type tank. I just want so really unique fish. I was tempted to go saltwater for the first time with this tank, but I'm really pondering the idea of a brackish tank with puffers. Still up in the air. I also really like cichlids.