Stocking Suggestions?

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey, I have a 29 gallon tank currently stocked with 9 rummynose tetras, 1 platy, cherry shrimp,5 nerite snails, and some pond snail infestation. My ph is 8 and the temp is 78 F, and I have 2 amazon swords, 3 narrow leaf java Ferns, 1 regular java fern, and some Italian val. I’d maybe like to have another schoal of fish that would contrast with the Rummynose. I don’t really want a centerpiece fish, but i’d consider whatever ideas you guys have. My filtration is a 20-40 aqua-tech filter( will hopefully be replacing soon with a sechem tidal 55) and a small sponge filter.
Thanks!

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the reply. Might try them, although I’ve heard mixed things on whether them or cardinals are better.
What’s your opinion?
Also they’ve would school with the rummy nose, right?

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A school of corydoras or any type of smaller tetras will work.

although I’ve heard mixed things on whether them or cardinals are better.
What’s your opinion?
It really depends on how the neon tetras are bred. The methods used in farm bred neon tetras tend to make them less hardy than cardinals, but if they are bred by a breeder that does not use the methods used in fish farms, it doesn't really matter.

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea I thought about corydoras. Would they be fine with shrimp?

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok thanks, what Corydor species would you recommend? My tank has dragon stone so sone if the swimming space on the floor of the tank is somewhat limited.

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ok thanks, what Corydor species would you recommend? My tank has dragon stone so sone if the swimming space on the floor of the tank is somewhat limited.
Species such as Corydoras aeneus or Corydoras sterbai will work, so will most other commonly available species.

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I second the Cory suggestion, Sterbias are the tightest schooling in my experience but I love the activity of peppers too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom