Stocking suggestions, please!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Phishphin, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

So... this is a planted (or will be planted in 2 days) 50 gallon tank (36x16x20). Ph is 6.5 and the water is soft. Temperature will hover around 77 degrees. Fluval 406 canister. With certainty, there will be a school of 15-20 glowlight tetras. Once well establish, 8 or so Otos will join in.

I really like considering options before settling on something and really want to know what you all would suggest as far as stocking this tank goes! :;juggle

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

How about some hatchetfish for the top & corys for the bottom?
    You could do a blackwater tank, the glowlights would colour up really well in it & it'd suit the hatchets too, adolfoi or Duplicareus corys would go well with that theme

3. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Would two angels, introduced at around a quarter size, bother the glowlights or the otos? I know angels can make a snack out of neons, but they are much smaller than the glowlights...

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They shouldn't do if they're added last

5. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Ok, good to know! So maybe 15+ glowlights, 8 otos, and 2 angels would make for a pretty interesting tank. I'm sure I'll change my mind before then, bur we'll see...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice