Stocking Suggestions for a 75 gallon freshwater tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by John14, Dec 30, 2012.

1. John14Valued MemberMember

Would appreciate some stocking suggestions (anything) for my new 75 gallon aquarium which is currently cycling. Dimensions: (48x18x21). Filtration: (2 Emperor 400 HOB filters). Also, I am a big fan of an Oscar but wouldn't want it to be the lone fish in the tank. If you have tank mates suggestions for an Oscar in that size tank that would be awesome as well. Thanks.

2. oscardudeValued MemberMember

Another Oscar.

3. EiennaFishlore VIPMember

I don't know that a 75 is really big enough for two full-grown oscars? They get pretty big. Not sure, though, really.

4. John14Valued MemberMember

From what I've read 2 Oscars in that size tank would be pushing it but if they get along it seams to fall more on your filtration system but I really would like to have another species with my Oscar and I'd like more than 2 fish in my tank. I understand an Oscar would limit my stocking choices drastically but figured I would ask around hoping for an interesting idea. Any other stocking suggestions would be great, if I have to ditch the Oscar idea its okay.

5. EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Please don't post multiple threads for the same thing :)

Ummm...lemme think...a featherfin catfish (synodontis eupterus) might be able to live with an Oscar, as might a middle-size Pleco (one of my favorites is scobinancistrus aureatus, the Sunshine or Goldie Pleco). Tiger barbs or giant danios may fit the bill, too.

6. John14Valued MemberMember

I didn't post it in the right "section", idk what you would call it, the first time so i reposted it in a more appropriate section. Also, thanks for the ideas, interesting you said tiger babrs? Wouldn't the O view them as food or their too fast?

7. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice