Stocking suggestions for 29 gallon tank

RP89

I am in the planning process of stocking my new 29 gallon. So far, I have decided on a few angelicus botia, some rummy nose tetra, and a bristlenose. I would like to get one more type of fish to finish the tank out, something a little bit larger. Any suggestions?

Nick G

Hi, that stocking list and tank size gives you heaps of options. Any of the dwarf cichlids would be fine, or an angelfish or gourami.

JeffK

Maybe a keyhole cichlid or a krib? (Just trying to throw out ideas that haven't been mentioned yet). Maybe even forget the BN pleco and go with a different, less common one, like a clown pleco. Just a few thoughts...

bdrzmd

You could add some invertebrates like a ghost shrimp, cherry shrimp, or cray. Snails are really neat too, some can reproduce on their own though, so you have to know which type you are getting

RP89

I spent some time looking online and now I'm almost tempted to scrap the previous stock list and do a cichlid tank. I know my smaller tank size might limit me if I did that though. Any idea what kind and how many might be reasonable?

RP89

Would my tank be too small for convicts?

Nick G

Your tank would be fine for a pair of convicts, but that would be all you could keep in it, they'll kill anything else when they spawn in a 29 gal, or at least make it's life a misery. You might be able to keep a female convict with a few other fish, perhaps some bn plecs and platies/mollies. Personally I would recommend kribs or rams if you want cichlids though. These can be kept with most other community fish

RP89

Okay I know I am being super ADD, but what about Badis?

Nick G

I've never kept them sorry

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom