Stocking suggestions for 20 gallon tank Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by pyradorgirl, Mar 25, 2010.

1. pyradorgirlNew MemberMember

I have a 20 gallon cycled tank and have four male platies and a pleco in it, live plants, too. I want to add a few more fish. First of all, what is the max number of fish for a 20 gallon. I don't want it overstocked. I was thinking of getting two panda cories and the something else. I like Angelfish but I know they should have a larger tank, they are territorial, and they might nip the platies. I don't want to harm my poor little platie boys. What suggestions does anyone have?

:;wv

2. Sammyboi1993Valued MemberMember

There's not a Set Maximum number in a tank it depends on the size of the fish. Are their any type of fish you like particular like?

3. OP
    OP
    p

pyradorgirlNew MemberMember

I don't want mollies. I want something different and colorful. I'm not particularly fond of tetras although the glofish look cute. I definitely want a couple of panda cories. Just not sure what else out there that is peaceful and different from the platies.

4. Sammyboi1993Valued MemberMember

German Blue Rams or Bolivian Rams both are colourful and should'nt be a problem but then every fish has a different personallity. Kribs are generally okay. Glofish would be fine or other community fish danios and guppys or dwarf rainbow fish would be fine. There are quite a lot of fish that you could have but i would say allways do your own reaserch on the fish befor purchasing do not just go on what the lfs say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice