Stocking suggestions for 10 gallon

1. convict15 Member Member

Wondering what I should put in my 10 gallon community tank. I would like to have a corydoras in but not sure what else I should put in there. Thx

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

the only Cory I would consider for a 10gal is a pygmy as they like to be in groups and the rest of the cory family get too big for a 10.

As for other fish in a 10gal, there are plenty really its more of what you like, quite a few tetras work, guppies (thou if you add females be prepared for babies), endlers, CPD's, and plenty of other fish.

3. convict15 Member Member

How often do the guppies have babies. I could feed the babies to some of my larger fish

4. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

rather often, but if you have larger fish then yes it is fine either that or just keep male guppies (females usually do not have the color or splendor that males do anyways)

5. convict15 Member Member

Thx for the help

6. cameronpalte Member Member

Generally around once a month. For guppies make sure to get a 1 m to 3 f ratio. I recommend actually getting a 10g and putting in 1 m guppy and 3 f guppy. Allow the guppies to have babies plant it and a few babies will survive but not to many. Don't feed the babies, the parents will generally eat them theirselves.