Stocking Suggestions - 53 Gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Meeko2690, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Meeko2690

Meeko2690 Valued Member Member

Hi folks, so my cycle is nearing completion it seems and it's only a matter of time so it is time to start thinking about stocking options.

Here is some info;

Tank: Fluval Roma 200L (53 gallon), have plants and wood/rocks although it is very bare at the moment but will be adding more once the cycle is completed as the plants seem to be dying since I am mid cycle. I'll probably do a mix of fake/live. I have a light coloured sand substrate. I do currently have an Assassin snail in there who is dealing with a mini snail problem (although very slowly so maybe I need more than one)
    Fluval 306 cannister filter
    pH: 7.2 or thereabouts
    Temp: Currently higher due to cycle but will be about 24 celsius/75 farenheit
    water hardness: 1.78 german degrees

So thing is, I have literally no idea what I want to go with. I would much rather have a community tank, with different species instead of just one species or a couple. I've done some research don't get me wrong I just having issues deciding. I think one I have my heart set on is an golden Bristlenose Pleco but I am open to other suggestions there. The more colour the better for me too. Also based on this, in terms of adding fish, is it better to add certain types before others etc? Cheers in advance :D

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Your water is quite soft so I'd go with:

Blue Rams
    Larger tetras
    Angelfish
    Corydoras

With all that room you could have a nice big school of tetras :)

3. OP
    OP
    Meeko2690

Meeko2690 Valued Member Member

Thanks for the suggestions, how many of each would you say?

4. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

1 angel (2 will gang up and terrorise the others)
    2 Blue Rams-they may spawn
    10 rummynose tetra.
    12 cories.
    12 glowlight tetras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice