Stocking suggestion compatible with cherry shrimp, amano shrimp and ghost shrimp?

magentatooth

Looking for stocking suggestion compatible with cherry shrimp, amano shrimp and ghost shrimp

I have a 70L tank which after some rehoming planned will have 3x Amano Shrimp and 1x Ghost Shrimp.
Shown are 9x Albino cherry barb - ignore them, they're being rehomed.
It's pretty heavily planted (see picture).

I want to stock it as follows:
Cherry Shrimp (e.g. 6), to start colony
Some small colourful fish - thinking of Guppy? Endler?

Any recommendations for something that won't destroy the cherry shrimp or other shrimp.
Tank is well established (6 months), no deaths in it.

Thank you!

Attachments

FishBoy101

Well Known
magentatooth said:
Looking for stocking suggestion compatible with cherry shrimp, amano shrimp and ghost shrimp

I have a 70L tank which after some rehoming planned will have 3x Amano Shrimp and 1x Ghost Shrimp.

Any recommendations for something that won't destroy the cherry shrimp or other shrimp.

Thank you!
Guppies and endlers breed a lot! There would be so many (maybe even too many) baby fish. If you want to breed them, I would only keep shrimp.

OP
M

magentatooth

I have a number of other liverbearers and haven't had a problem rehoming baby fish to LFS in the past. I definitely want something swimming in the tank, I just don't want the cherry shrimp to get eaten

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
magentatooth said:

Thank you!
The barbs will eat the shrimpletts. Dont expect a shrimp colony to grow around barbs

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
magentatooth said:

Thank you!
Ps only fish I keep in my breeding shrimp tanks are BN plecos.

Lots of people have had success breeding both guppies and shrimp in same tank w lots of java moss

OP
M

magentatooth

SanDiegoRedneck said:
The barbs will eat the shrimpletts. Dont expect a shrimp colony to grow around barbs
Barbs are being rehomed pre cherry shrimp (see post). They are just in the tank now for picture purposes to show the planting level.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
magentatooth said:
Barbs are being rehomed pre cherry shrimp (see post). They are just in the tank now for picture purposes to show the planting level.
Sorry still first sips of coffee for me on west coast. See my other post. Guppies go good with shrimp. Breed both pretty cool!

OP
M

magentatooth

SanDiegoRedneck said:
Sorry still first sips of coffee for me on west coast. See my other post. Guppies go good with shrimp. Breed both pretty cool!
Ok thanks! There is a decent amount of Java moss in there at the moment, will let it grow on up and take over a bit more!

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
magentatooth said:
Ok thanks! There is a decent amount of Java moss in there at the moment, will let it grow on up and take over a bit more!
I have extra 10gal tank empty now and 6 guppies in community tank. I plan to make a shrimp guppy tank soon. I think cool combo.

erbear

I have ember tetras (very small variety) in my cherry shrimp tank. They are mostly docile toward my shrimp but I have seen them dart at smaller baby shrimp.

Most fish with a mouth big enough to eat baby shrimp will take the opportunity when it comes. Have plenty of moss and places for the baby shrimp to hide. Consider nano fish species.

New Threads