Stocking Snails Questions

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Saguaroseed, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Saguaroseed

SaguaroseedNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    hi

im looking into getting a 20 gal and was curious how many mystery snails i could have by themselves?

2. SaltyPhone

SaltyPhoneWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +359
    Experience:
    1 year
    You’d probably break the bank before you run out of room. Lol a hundred easy; the bioload is very minimal with snails

3. AmunetDeVawn

AmunetDeVawnValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Experience:
    1 year
    They say about 5 snails per ten gallons but snails are very peaceful and helpful. They share room easily but make sure they have enough room to roam freely. I’d recommend starting off with 2-10 and seeing how they do together. Don’t overrun your tank.

4. OP
    OP
    Saguaroseed

SaguaroseedNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you this is helpful
    I have a 55gal and I have 4 mystery and 4 nerite 2 dwarf frogs.. been a little obsessed with the snails. my tank will become less friendly in a few months so I’m looking into getting a smaller tank for them and my 2 dawrf frogs.. would a 30 gal be better ?

5. AmunetDeVawn

AmunetDeVawnValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Experience:
    1 year
    Depends on how many snails and fish you’d like to have in your tank. I have 5
    Snails and a Betta in my 10 gallon tank eventually I’ll be upgrading to atleast a 20 gallon. I say start small with your snails atleast because if you have male and female mystery snails they will lay eggs and be fertilized. Which means you could end up with a lot of snails, which btw snails are absolutely amazing and the coolest creatures ever. The more research I do on mystery snails and other types of snails the more in love I become. I’ve read that dwarf frogs can actually get aggressive towards fish so you may want to look into that as well if you are getting fish.

Become a Fishlore Member