Stocking Snails Questions

SaltyPhone

Well Known
You’d probably break the bank before you run out of room. Lol a hundred easy; the bioload is very minimal with snails

AmunetDeVawn

Saguaroseed said:
hi

I'm looking into getting a 20 gal and was curious how many mystery snails I could have by themselves?
They say about 5 snails per ten gallons but snails are very peaceful and helpful. They share room easily but make sure they have enough room to roam freely. I’d recommend starting off with 2-10 and seeing how they do together. Don’t overrun your tank.

OP
Saguaroseed

Saguaroseed

AmunetDeVawn said:
They say about 5 snails per ten gallons but snails are very peaceful and helpful. They share room easily but make sure they have enough room to roam freely. I’d recommend starting off with 2-10 and seeing how they do together. Don’t overrun your tank.
Thank you this is helpful
I have a 55gal and I have 4 mystery and 4 nerite 2 dwarf frogs.. been a little obsessed with the snails. my tank will become less friendly in a few months so I’m looking into getting a smaller tank for them and my 2 dawrf frogs.. would a 30 gal be better ?

AmunetDeVawn

Saguaroseed said:
Thank you this is helpful
I have a 55gal and I have 4 mystery and 4 nerite 2 dwarf frogs.. been a little obsessed with the snails. my tank will become less friendly in a few months so I’m looking into getting a smaller tank for them and my 2 dawrf frogs.. would a 30 gal be better ?
Depends on how many snails and fish you’d like to have in your tank. I have 5
Snails and a Betta in my 10 gallon tank eventually I’ll be upgrading to atleast a 20 gallon. I say start small with your snails atleast because if you have male and female mystery snails they will lay eggs and be fertilized. Which means you could end up with a lot of snails, which btw snails are absolutely amazing and the coolest creatures ever. The more research I do on mystery snails and other types of snails the more in love I become. I’ve read that dwarf frogs can actually get aggressive towards fish so you may want to look into that as well if you are getting fish.

New Threads