Stocking Small Tanks!

  • Thread starter

the.whole.crew

New Member
Messages
47
Reaction score
7
Points
33
Experience
2 years
I’m currently working on two fish-related ventures. I’m making my two betta tanks and ten gallon community more natural, with small pieces of driftwood and some plants. I would love suggestions for low light, easy to care for plants for smaller tanks.

I have an empty five gallon, which I’ll be planting. I’m deciding what I would like to put in that tank, and also considering planting my empty 5.5 gallon and 10 gallon. Any tips or suggestions for smaller fish and good plants for those tanks.

I realize this is a bit vague, but I have no clue what I want. I do know that I’d like lower maintenance fish, though.

Thank you!
 

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Messages
909
Reaction score
445
Points
78
Experience
5 to 10 years
What about endlers? They are easy to care for and can live in a 5 gallon tank.
 

Bry

Well Known Member
Messages
783
Reaction score
275
Points
108
Experience
More than 10 years
I have quite a few different plants and don't know the names of most of them. But one that is super easy to grow is Anachris Eloea? I think that's how it's spelt. Or something similar. I also love the look. But I have it all four of my tanks and when my roommate decided to start a tank, she took cuttings from mine, and those have grown very well.
 
  • Thread starter

the.whole.crew

New Member
Messages
47
Reaction score
7
Points
33
Experience
2 years
FlipFlopFishFlake38 said:
What about endlers? They are easy to care for and can live in a 5 gallon tank.
Oh, yes! They’re cute little dudes. Thank you!
 
  • Thread starter

the.whole.crew

New Member
Messages
47
Reaction score
7
Points
33
Experience
2 years
Bry said:
I have quite a few different plants and don't know the names of most of them. But one that is super easy to grow is Anachris Eloea? I think that's how it's spelt. Or something similar. I also love the look. But I have it all four of my tanks and when my roommate decided to start a tank, she took cuttings from mine, and those have grown very well.
Yes, I believe I have some in my 10 gallon. Maybe I’ll let it grow a bit more and take cuttings. Thank you!
 

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,767
Reaction score
708
Points
358
Experience
More than 10 years
Java ferns and smaller anubias are perfect for a small tank. If you do Endlers, be aware, that all fry get eaten in a tank that small. If you go with all males, make sure that the lid is on very tight and that there's no way for them to jump into the filter through the return because they'll go searching for girls
 
  • Thread starter

the.whole.crew

New Member
Messages
47
Reaction score
7
Points
33
Experience
2 years
endlercollector said:
Java ferns and smaller anubias are perfect for a small tank. If you do Endlers, be aware, that all fry get eaten in a tank that small. If you go with all males, make sure that the lid is on very tight and that there's no way for them to jump into the filter through the return because they'll go searching for girls
Ahaha! I’ll be sure to keep whoever I get safe. Thanks for the advice!
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom