Stocking Small Tanks!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by the.whole.crew, Apr 13, 2018.

1. the.whole.crew

the.whole.crew New Member Member

I’m currently working on two fish-related ventures. I’m making my two betta tanks and ten gallon community more natural, with small pieces of driftwood and some plants. I would love suggestions for low light, easy to care for plants for smaller tanks.

I have an empty five gallon, which I’ll be planting. I’m deciding what I would like to put in that tank, and also considering planting my empty 5.5 gallon and 10 gallon. Any tips or suggestions for smaller fish and good plants for those tanks.

I realize this is a bit vague, but I have no clue what I want. I do know that I’d like lower maintenance fish, though.

Thank you!

2. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlake Well Known Member Member

What about endlers? They are easy to care for and can live in a 5 gallon tank.

3. Bry

Bry Well Known Member Member

I have quite a few different plants and don't know the names of most of them. But one that is super easy to grow is Anachris Eloea? I think that's how it's spelt. Or something similar. I also love the look. But I have it all four of my tanks and when my roommate decided to start a tank, she took cuttings from mine, and those have grown very well.

4. OP
    OP
    the.whole.crew

Oh, yes! They’re cute little dudes. Thank you!

5. OP
    OP
    the.whole.crew

Yes, I believe I have some in my 10 gallon. Maybe I’ll let it grow a bit more and take cuttings. Thank you!

6. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Java ferns and smaller anubias are perfect for a small tank. If you do Endlers, be aware, that all fry get eaten in a tank that small. If you go with all males, make sure that the lid is on very tight and that there's no way for them to jump into the filter through the return because they'll go searching for girls ;)

7. OP
    OP
    the.whole.crew

Ahaha! I’ll be sure to keep whoever I get safe. Thanks for the advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice