Stocking several tanks!

1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I need some "outsider" opinions on how to stock all these tanks. The good news is, I have a lot of extra tanks. The bad news is, I have too many bettas, and want *less* tanks.

Tanks to work with:

3 gallon MarineLand Eclipse
    10 gallon
    5 gallon FBH
    35 gallon (Approximate guess, based on approximate dimensions)

Fish:

2 male VT betta (both community friendly)
    1 male HM betta (not community friendly)
    1 Clown Pleco
    7-ish Endlers (mixed sex)
    1 female BN Pleco
    RCS (need separate tank)
    3 ADFs

I have filters and heaters for all these tanks, so thats not an issue.

So far, the only idea I have is dividing the 10 gallon, and putting the two bettas in there, but then, that boots the Clown Pleco from the 10 gallon, meaning him and the BN would have to share the 35 gallon. I have plenty of driftwood, terra cotta pots, etc to create territories and such.

The only full on request I have is a tank just for RCS. They will we distributed amongst the other tanks, and I need a breeding tank so that I can replenish the population of the other tanks, and keep the population in the breeding tank down.

I need to stock these tanks in a way that puts me at having the fewest tanks possible! I even turned down a free, gorgeous betta because I so much so need to cut down on the tanks! :O

Anyways, hit me your best shots! :)

*edit*

Editing to ask about this:

5.5 gallon:
    5 Least Killifish
    RCS

So that removes the betta and ADFs from that tank. So now we have 3 bettas on the list up there, and no Killies. I've adjusted the list above, as well, to fit this.

*edit2*

Updated 5.5 gallon stock again. This adds 3 ADFs to the list up there. Also removed the 2 Kritter Keepers.

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

What about this use the critter keepers for shrimp.
    10 gallon for the endlers and the clown pleco

3 gallon MarineLand Eclipse one betta
    5 gallon the other betta
    35 for the rest lol

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Too many little tanks >.<

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

then put your friendly betta with the endlers one less tank :p

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I was hoping to get away with the pleco's, endlers and killies in the 35 (and add more, new fish later), and then the bettas in the 10, and the RCS in the 5. That would make me happy. I still have two other tanks that aren't being switched around, as well. I only have two stands, right now, one for the 10 gallon, and one for the 20 long (sig). The 35 should have a stand, though. I hope so :p

Actaully, now that I've said the other two tanks are staying the same, I'm plotting things for the 5.5 now, too LOL Ohhhhhhh goodness, I need more help than I can get XD

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Edited first post.

5.5 gallon:
    3 ADF
    5 Least Killifish
    RCS (not RCS breeding tank)

(side note, this tank was not originally in this thread, so, no, you're not going crazy ;))

7. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

35- VT
    BN pleco
    Endlers

10-VT
    Clown pleco

5gal-HM

3gal- shrimp breeder

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Lexi :)

So you don't think I can get away with *both* the plecos in the 35? Its not bioload I'm worried about *looks at current 5.5 stocking, and current 10 gallon stocking :;nin2*, if thats what you were getting at :)

I'm now also thinking about moving the ADFs from the 5.5, and actually making that the shrimp breeding tank, as well as the Least Killi breeding tank.... Good God, my brain hurts!!!! :;laughing.

I'll edit the 1st post again and add in the ADFs...

*edit*

Removed the Kritter Keepers from the list of tanks. I don't really like how the look set up. Just know that they *could* still be an option :)

9. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I was just spreading the fish out evenly, and since I only have a clown, I don't know how they would get along. Plus knowing you you will ned some letover space in each tank for whatever else happens to make it's way home with you next time you get a coupon for the pet store:;laughing

10. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Like I said, bioload isn't a issues. I have loads of filters lol Its just over crowding I don't want to do. I dunno how they'll get a long, either LOL The Clown pretty much chills under or around his driftwood all day, and Ninja, I haven't seen in a year, so I dunno what she does now LOL She used to, pretty equally, explore and hide, but now she's over twice the size as the last time I had her, and has been living with a bunch of boisterous fish :;nin2

Hey now, don't dis my coupon stillz :p

11. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Ok, why not leave the 5.5 as is then? The current stock includes 1 of the VT bettas right?

35 gal: 2 plecos, 1 betta, endlers
    10gal: killi/ shrimp breeder
    5 gal: 1 betta

Then you could save the 3gal and kritter keepers if you need extra fry tanks

12. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Its going right next to my bed, and I want to see my Killies :) But if I leave the frogs in there, they'll eat the shrimplets... I want to frog-test the HM, too. See if they can go in the 5 with him...

The 5.5, as it is now:
    betta
    ADFs
    RCS
    MTS

Maybe I should wait until I have all these tanks in front of me to do this :p

13. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Ok how about switching the 5.5 and 10gal stock I listed.

10gal 1 betta, 3 frogs
    5.5 killis/ shrimp.

14. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

That could work too!

If the 10 gallon is left undivided, how do you think the Clown Pleco would be with the frogs...?

15. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I don't know.. I haven't kept the frogs yet.( that's why I listed what you already have them with) My pleco leaves everyone alone as long as they stay out of his cave and away from his food, but then again he can keep my blood parrots away from his cave and food. Maybe try it and if it does not work move the frogs into the 5gal and the HM into the 3gal eclipse...

16. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I was thinking, try it, and if it doesn't work, move him to the 35, and if Ninja doesn't like him in there, I could figure something out from there.
    Its hard doing this when you only have one of the tanks currently in your possession! @.@

17. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Where are you putting all these tanks? lol. Is the 35 gallon a hex? The issue I've notice using tall tanks with Endlers is getting food to the fry, they don't always rush the surface. You could easily keep your RCS in a 3-5 gallon tank.

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

No, its a rectangular tank. I'm about to find out more of its approximate size in a few minutes. It has a stand, as does the 10 and 20 long, and the other tanks are small enough to go on any flat surface in my room ;)

19. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

The out side dimensions of the tank are 21.5" tall, 30" wide, 12.5" deep. Just under 35 gallons.

But according to this chart:

http://alysta.com/books/fishtank.htm

Theres no such thing, and the next closest to what I was given is a 37 gallon. Weird.

20. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I thought you could only have a 10 gallon? That's a pretty tall tank but I think you could get away with it if you also feed some sinking food. I break these up and feed them to my Endlers in my 29g http://www.kensfish.com/product513.html

Are you going to put the ADF's and a betta in the 10?