Stocking Sawbwa Resplendens In 23 Gallon 20 Gallon Tank

1. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Member Member

Hi everyone.

Currently I have 3 rummy nose tetra (Hemigrammus Bleheri) and 13 Asian Rummy Nose (Sawbwa Resplendens) in my 23 gallon planted tank. About 4 male Sawbwa and 9 females.

My LFS have a whole heap more of the Sawbwas in, and I would like some more. If I were to take the rummy nose out, how many more Sawbwas could I put in my tank?

The Sawbwas adult length is 1 inch - 1 1/4 inches.

I was planning to get a few more rummies to give them a proper school, but now that my LFS have more Sawbwa in, I want more. If I take the rummies out we will get some more for their school.

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

2. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Hello!

What are the dimensions of your tank? (Argh...and sawbwas are soo cute!)

3. Pishies Member Member

I love Sawbwas too. I would be very interested to know the number to keep.

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Depending on the dimensions I think you can add 7-12 more once you get rid of the rummynose tetras.

5. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Member Member

24 x 15 x 15 inches. Its a bow front. And, yes KinsKicks they are beautiful fish! :)

6. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

I think with that, you could definitely increase your stock up until 30 comfortably and still be understocked :)

7. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Member Member

Thank you! I ordered 15, which will make it 28. :) Cant wait to get them!

8. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Argh me too, it'll be so fun to watch! Please post pics! Lol. I don't get to see sawbwas around here

9. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Member Member

They are so beautiful, they swim through the plants and even play in the bubbles from the filter. It's very hard to get pics because they move so much, but I'll try! ;)

10. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Lol, try taking a vid and doing a screenshot from the vid. That's my secret way of capturing zippy fish lolz :p (I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making you take pics of you don't want to :confused: Just a tip for photos in general :) )

11. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Member Member

Good idea! I've tried taking photos of them so many times, but it just kept coming out fuzzy. Thanks :)