6 albino cory catfish
    1 blue blushing angel fish
    1 fancy red swordtail

I own a 30 gal.
    30 long× 19 high× 12wide
    250 gal per hour filter
    200w heater
    Artificial plants and large wood piece

Please tear this apart if its a bad idea. But also give recommendations if possible. THANK YOU

2. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Ok I am not very good with stocking. But I am good with filter recommendations. With a 30 gallon you should be shooting for 300gph. I would either upgrade the filter or add 2 sponge filters to boost your filtration. More filtration is better. Especially if you are going to fully stock your tank. My favorite filter right now is the Seachem Tidal powerfilter. A 75 would be perfect for the 30 gallon. It has a 350gph.

I do know your 6 albino cories will do just fine in a 30. As I have 6 albino cories in my 30 gallon, and they do just fine. lol

3. OP
    OP
    Manuel1223

Manuel1223 Valued Member Member

Thats a great tip!! Right now i only have 7 fish in. But once cycled ill look at anew filter! What type of stock do you have

4. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would do this
    10 cardinal tetras or 8 cherry barbs
    3 male mollies
    8 albino cories
    1 angel fish
    1 swordtail

5. OP
    OP
    Manuel1223

Why the cardinal over the red eye?

6. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

I think your filtration is fine. The recommendation is 8-10x the volume of the tank, and you're well within that, particularly as you have a 29g, not a 30g... I know it seems inconsequential, but the length is different, which does change your stocking options.

I think if you cut back on your mollies, your stocking is fine. But you are skirting a fine line with temp, as red eye tetras prefer water under 80, while angels like it upper 70s-80s; you'll probably want to keep temp at 77.

7. OP
    OP
    Manuel1223

My 200w heater is preset at 78. I cant change it. Thats fine?
    And i have 4 mollys now. So cut to 3?

8. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

I would do
    12 Rummynose Tetras(Red Eyes are larger and more active, and can sometimes nip fins)
    8 Albino Cories(Aeneus or Paleatus?)
    4 Mollies(1 Male 3 Females, The Angel and Swordtail will help eradicate the fry)
    1 Angelfish
    1 Swordtail

9. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

With four mollies, I'd go with @BottomDweller 's suggestion and do smaller schooling fish instead of the red eye tetra. Cardinals, rummynose, or cherry barbs would also be happier in the high 70s.

10. OP
    OP
    Manuel1223

So right now i have 3 red eye and 4 mollies to help with the cycle. They are doing great. Is it because of the angel fish you recommend doing the rummynose?
    Also how do you get rid of fish lol

11. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

You give them to someone with a proper tank or to your LFS/LPS. Rummynose's were recommended because they are temp. compatible with Angels and are not fin nippers while Red-Eye's are known fin nippers and are not temp. compatible.

12. OP
    OP
    Manuel1223

Hmmmm okay well other than the tetras it seems like a nice set up. I think thats what ill do