Stocking Questions

1. AquariumNoob1988

AquariumNoob1988 Valued Member Member

Hello fishkeepers my 29 gallon tank will be ready to begin the fishless cycle first thing tomorrow and im wondering what fish would be the best my plans were

1 Jet Black Angel Fish ( Centerpiece Fish )
    1 GBR
    8 Cardinal Tetras
    6 harleyquin Rasboras
    6 sterbai corycat
    [​IMG]
    Im open to any ideas

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Seems like a fine stocking to me! I'd add more decor, particularly caves and hiding places on the bottom for the ram.

3. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

finally found the sterbai corycat i got 6 of them as they like groups and 1 GBR small about 2"

4. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

they had cardinals i was gonna get 8 of them but decided not to still a lil shakey from the first batch that died off in one weekend due too big stressful transport so i decided ill find a fish thats more common as aliray & cindiL recommended like glowlight tetras or black neons

5. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

Is this a good Food for the sterbais ? [​IMG]

6. TexasDomer

Should be fine!

7. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

the sterbais are hiding alot is that normal for the first week or so cuz i threw a sinking shrimp wafer in and they didn't go for it maybe they need more time to adjust?

8. TexasDomer

Maybe! It might help to put more decor in so they feel more secure.

9. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

[​IMG] theyre very happy now and come out when food is being given and go straight to digging through the sand its the cutest thing!

10. OP
    OP
    AquariumNoob1988

TexasDomer here is a quick feeding video which soon turns into a frenzy poor cories always gotta compete even when ive fed the rasboras and angel they must love the smell of shrimp wafers lol https://vimeo.com/181317712

Also i dont understand how the Ram gets so territorial towards the harley rasboras but ignores the cories and angel well the angel is explainable because hes alot bigger then her but it only happens when i throw a wafer in he must be a food hog i guess lol https://vimeo.com/181318009