Stocking Questions. (shrimp)

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Skullkong101, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

In the future I intend on having a RCS tank. With a few Malaysian trumpet snails and i hope to start a colony. It's a 25 gal tank so how many could fit?

2. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

3. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I assume you're not starting out with the full stocking, that would be expensive!
    They tend to control their population, start with 8-15 and add in new blood every few months. Of course, you'll need an established QT for the new ones, but they're necessary to keep the genetics strong.

4. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Aight and of course I'm not going full immediately however I was wondering total so I don't run into overpopulation that would cause the tanks ultimate demise.

5. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

You could easily have hundreds of shrimp in there xD you probably would go broke quicker than your tank became fully stocked xD

6. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Honestly though. I agree. Lol.

7. FahnFishlore VIPMember

I set up a 25 gallon breeding tank when I worked at a small pet shop. I started with around 20 shrimp. After 6 months there were hundreds of shrimp in that tank.

Start with a few, 20-30, and maybe once or twice a year add new shrimp so that the genetics are more varied.