Stocking Questions & Problems

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With what you have you could up the Danio's up to about 6-8 as well as the Tetras. I'm not sure about the temp range on the Krib or German Blue Rams. But the fish you currently have should be happy with around 75-76 degree water. For bottom dwellers your pretty open to a school of cories.

OP
Gavin Trzcinski

Gavin Trzcinski

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
max h said:
With what you have you could up the Danio's up to about 6-8 as well as the Tetras. I'm not sure about the temp range on the Krib or German Blue Rams. But the fish you currently have should be happy with around 75-76 degree water. For bottom dwellers your pretty open to a school of cories.
I have my heater set to 78 but the tank is at 80 I have no clue why it’s like that. I was looking at temp ranges and everything worked out with the Krib, Rams, Gourami, and Tetras. (I will be rehoming the danios soon) I just need to know about aggression because I’ve heard Kribs can get nasty and have heard the same thing about gouramis. I love both of these fish but didn’t even think about compatibility.

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My tanks run about 5 degrees higher then the average room temp, some of that can be heat generated by the lights, and filters. Because I have bigger tanks it got easier to put a chiller unit on .

OP
Gavin Trzcinski

Gavin Trzcinski

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
max h said:
My tanks run about 5 degrees higher then the average room temp, some of that can be heat generated by the lights, and filters. Because I have bigger tanks it got easier to put a chiller unit on .
All the lights have been off in the room and on the tank for the past 3 days. I was away visiting colleges and had a friend watch the tank. Could the thermometer be too close to the surface? I had it right at the top.

NYFishGuy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe a crib, GBR need 82-84F.
Heaters aren't usually 100% accurate, use a accurate thermometer and turn the heater up or down accordingly.
I place my thermometer probe at the opposite end of the tank closer to the bottom and play with heater it till it holds about 1F from where I want

OP
Gavin Trzcinski

Gavin Trzcinski

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NYFishGuy said:
Maybe a crib, GBR need 82-84F.
Heaters aren't usually 100% accurate, use a accurate thermometer and turn the heater up or down accordingly.
I place my thermometer probe at the opposite end of the tank closer to the bottom and play with heater it till it holds about 1F from where I want
Whoops mine is right next to the heater. Thanks for the info on the Rams. My LFS doesn’t know a lot about them or any South American chiclids. They people running it have only been in business for 10 months.

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Heaters in my tanks are only plugged in for about 4 months a year. I run chillers much more then the heaters.

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gavin Trzcinski said:
I have my heater set to 78 but the tank is at 80 I have no clue why it’s like that. I was looking at temp ranges and everything worked out with the Krib, Rams, Gourami, and Tetras. (I will be rehoming the danios soon) I just need to know about aggression because I’ve heard Kribs can get nasty and have heard the same thing about gouramis. I love both of these fish but didn’t even think about compatibility.
The skirt tetras need 67-76f so I'd lower the temperature is possible.

OP
Gavin Trzcinski

Gavin Trzcinski

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
BottomDweller said:
The skirt tetras need 67-76f so I'd lower the temperature is possible.
I lowered the heater to 76 last night and the thing is still 80.

New Threads