10 Gallon Tank Stocking question

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI guys. I have a cycled 10 gallon that I'm ready to stock. It has sand, a heater (78F), and live plants. I was thinking either 1 betta and 6 rasbora? Or 1 betta and 6 white clouds? I already have the betta and he's good with other fish, but I'm not sure if white clouds or rasbora would be better, or how many could work. Thanks :)

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
I don't think white clouds would work with a Betta, as they are temperature incompatible. And you would need to specify what type of Rasbora you are talking about. Even 1 Betta would be fine. If you do keep a Betta with other fish. The Betta must not be too aggressive.

OP
Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NBettas83 said:
I don't think white clouds would work with a Betta, as they are temperature incompatible. And you would need to specify what type of Rasbora you are talking about.
I wasnt sure if the white clouds would work, ive had conflicting information given to me about them. I was thinking the harlequin rasboras, or is there something better you would suggest? :)

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
I read Harlequins need to be kept in schools of 8-10 fish, so you would need more. The temp aligns. So as long as the tank can handle the bioload, and the Betta is not too aggressive towards them. The setup should be fine. I'm going to get off in a few minutes, so maybe some late-night members can keep helping you with this. Good luck!

OP
Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NBettas83 said:
I read Harlequins need to be kept in schools of 8-10 fish, so you would need more. The temp aligns. So as long as the tank can handle the bioload, and the Betta is not too aggressive towards them. The setup should be fine. I'm going to get off in a few minutes, so maybe some late-night members can keep helping you with this. Good luck!
Ok thank you. :)

Lebeeze

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As far as I know betta are only aggressive towards other bett, I have mine with pygmy Cory's and he doesnt even acknowledged they exist

New Threads