Funny Stocking Question

NC122606

So I have this 1 Gallon tank and I was wondering if I can put my alligator gar in it???

Oligarchy

They’re schooling fish. Minimum 6

NC122606

They’re schooling fish. Minimum 6
Ok got it! So what would be a good amount in my Gallon tank?

david1978

8-10 should be fine. Monthly water changes. No need to over do it with that light of a stocking.

QueenLittleLizard

You could probably fit up to 20 in a gallon tank if you were willing to do weekly water changes. Maybe more than 20.

Epicoz

You should stock with at least fifty feet of planting for them to feel safe maybe more

NC122606

8-10 should be fine. Monthly water changes. No need to over do it with that light of a stocking.
You could probably fit up to 20 in a gallon tank if you were willing to do weekly water changes. Maybe more than 20.
You should stock with at least fifty feet of planting for them to feel safe maybe more

Thank you! Time to go get my 50 feet of plants and my alligator gars!

fish 321

I would do yearly water changes monthly is a little much.

derpychicken

I hear you can even breed them if you can get 20 in a tank your size with no water changes! They do love murky water. Also, some tank mates you could get would be alligators, arapaima, red tailed catfish, great white sharks, and if you can find some at local breeders, megalodons are always good options for a 1 gallon!

NC122606

I hear you can even breed them if you can get 20 in a tank your size with no water changes! They do love murky water. Also, some tank mates you could get would be alligators, arapaima, red tailed catfish, great white sharks, and if you can find some at local breeders, megalodons are always good options for a 1 gallon!
How about some blue whales???

derpychicken

How about some blue whales???
I have always been looking for some of them to add to my 20 gallon. Do you know where to get them?

NC122606

I have always been looking for some of them to add to my 20 gallon. Do you know where to get them?
Probably PetSmart. I’m pretty sure they have there own tank and don’t share filters. Death rates there are 0%.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Klondikebar
Replies
Views
St3v3
60 Gallon Tank New member
Replies
Views
fallfever
  • Question