Stocking Question

1. xapoc

xapoc Member Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I want to know if this is max capacity I have for my stocking needs in my 55g aquarium. Just want to get the feeling where I'm at.

My current fish is as follows:

2 x angel fish, 1 mature and 1 few month old, both males, they paired up, I added female at one point and I had to remove her from the tank after a week, she was at brink of exhaustion, traumatized, damaged fins and all that, ended up returning to LFS

4x blue rams, its either 1 male and 3 females or 2 males and 2 females, had those for 2 months ( get along very well with other same size fish, sometimes male will chase off angel

4x black skirt tetras
    5x rosy tetras 1 died due to ick disease
    3x flame dwarf guramis - all males
    2x brown kuhli loaches - have 4 - 6 coming this week striped kuhli loaches
    1x red tetra glow fish

I keep my water temp 79-80F

Perhaps few snails, few small size plecos?

Whats your thoughts guys?

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +4,141
    The skirt tetras and glo fish need 75f or below while the angelfish need 78f+ and the GBR need 80f+

If you keep the water warm you could swap the skirt tetras for 10 rummynose tetras and add a clown pleco.

For snails you could add rabbit snails and nerite snails.

3. OP
    OP
    xapoc

xapoc Member Member

Ratings:
    +56
    You sure about those temps? I checked liveaquaria and they all fall into my temp ranges.
    The clown pleco is VERY nice! but expensive, I will hold off on that one for time being unless I find them for decent price.
    The rummynose are okay, they just dont spike my curiosity. I'm really digging ram's and guramis, I really like fish with personality. Tetras are overall boring, unless I find something more peculiar that can dig my existing community.

As far as snails, I've read that kuhli loaches like to eat snails, so I need to do more research as to which ones could survive, perhaps assassin snail?, they very slow to reproduce and kuhlis wont eat them?

I dont know, thanks for input Bottomdewller.

4. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +3,182
    I've never seen a kuhli eat a snail, I wish they WOULD... my son's tank is plagued with Malaysian trumpet snails.

Clown plecos can be found at PetSmart and Petco fairly inexpensive.