Stocking question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by hatred27, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hatred27Valued MemberMember

I've got MTS. I posted about a week ago about a 150g tank that I'm upgrading to from my 55g, for my American cichlids. Anyways, I was planning on keeping my electric blue acara in my 55g and getting a few more fish to add to it. Instead I'm thinking about selling the 55g, buying a 100g or so, and putting the electric blue acara plus 2 or so more blue acaras in there and possibly getting 2-3 ropefish and about 5-6 emerald corys. Would a 100g cover that since eba's don't get super big and aren't very aggressive? If it's big enough, should I get some other mid-upper tank fish that school like tetras or something?

2. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

A 100g is fine for acaras, if that's what you're asking......
    I would get larger tetras like congos (at least 6) or rainbowfish (at least 6) or giant danios (at least 6).

3. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Rope fish may eat anything that schools and would fit in a 100 gallon. Even larger tetra, barbs, danios, corydora, maybe slowly picked off.

4. hatred27Valued MemberMember

Alright if Corys are a bad idea.. Are ram cichlids too small as well? I know that ropefish do not have big mouths by any stretch and can only eat fairly small fish.. So I guess it depends if its a full grown ram or not? Idk. I'm trying to think of some other good ideas of colorful fish I can put in there with ropefish and electric blue acaras that are pretty peaceful and cannot be eaten by ropefish.

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Rams would be too small.... they only get 2 inches. They're around the same as cories.

6. hatred27Valued MemberMember

Ah. I thought males got around 3 1/2 to 4.

7. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

That's bolivian rams....

8. hatred27Valued MemberMember

Ah my bad. Trying to familiarize myself with the smaller American cichlids. I'm only used to housing the bigger ones. Well, would Bolivians be fine?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice