Stocking question Question

1. jdmLuzon Member Member

i have a 65 gallon tall tank abd im worried that maybe i am overstocked, please let me know if i am overstock or not
    MY STOCKINGS ARE:
    6- SERPAE TETRA
    6- BLACK SKIRT TETRA
    1- CLOWN PLECO
    1- HONEY DWARF GOURAMI
    1- DWARF GOURAMI
    1- DWARF GERMAN BLUE RAMS
    2- ANGELFISH

also i am thimking of adding 2 more angle fish, 2 more dwarf german blue rams, and 1 blue gourami.

PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IM OVERSTOCKED.
    -THANK YOU

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. WolfaraRose Member Member

You have some problems with your stock.

1st Serpae's are more prone to nipping then most tetras. Your angelfish may be in trouble.
    2nd With dwarf gouramis it doesn't mater what color they are, you just want to have a ratio of 2-3 females per male, and if you have all males, you want to provide plenty of hiding spaces.
    3rd if you happen to get a breeding pair of angelfish they will become really really aggressive around breeding time.
    4th GBR's are really sensitive to water quality.

Also if you have a blue gourami it may kill your angelfish (mine sure did!)

You aren't overstocked from what i can tell but your stock list could use some revising. I'd go with 1 pair of GBR's since they don't get too aggressive, and nix the angelfish. Or you could build your tank around the angels. Here is what I'd do

12- black skirt tetras (can use the albino forms for more diversity as well - white skirts- they do school together as well as the longfinned ones)
    1- clown pleco
    3- Dwarf Gourami (1m 2f)
    2- German Blue Rams (or Electric Blue Rams!)
    8- Corycats (I have a soft spot for them!)

That still leaves room to play with. Personally I'd fill out the top of the tank with top dwelling fish (ie hatchet fish, golden wonder killifish, etc.)

3. jdmLuzon Member Member

thanks..my serpae though it doesnt really bother the angel fish...they pretty stick to their own once in a great while they will try to nip the angel but they more chase each other around. i am probably not going to get the blue gourami and im probably getting more GBR and a school of cory cats.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. WolfaraRose Member Member

GBRs are cichlids and I'd be wary of putting more then a bonded pair in your tank, but that's just me. Cory cats however are awesome :D