Stocking Question - Weird Shaped Tank And Multis 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by CivicsTeach, Jul 26, 2019.

1. CivicsTeach

CivicsTeachNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    2 years
    Good Morning,
    I am setting up a new tank. I got a pretty nice deal on an Aqueon 30 rimless, which is a bit of an odd tank - dimensions wise. It's ~L18"xW18"xH23". This is my first tank with this much vertical over horizontal space.

But anyway, two questions -
    1) I want to do Dwarf Shell Dwellers (Multis) - How many should I do given the 18x18 footprint with a bit of hardscape (seiryu stone that will have a sprinkle of anubias) taking up... about 1/3 of it? I was thinking ~8 of them.

2) Given the tall water column I want to add some mid-top swimmers as well, but I have seen so many conflicting ideas from so many different forums. So, here I am. What will likely be happy in the hard water high ph upper water column, given the 18x18 swim space, and not **** off the grumpy little guys (or eat them)?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. ThePetPavilion

ThePetPavilionValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +45
    Experience:
    Just started
    I would personally do livebearers. It sounds like a nice aquarium.

3. OP
    OP
    CivicsTeach

CivicsTeachNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    2 years
    Yeah, my new plan is break down one of my existing 10 gallons, put all the plants in the 30, and do a 10 gallon multi tank and fill the 30 with some **** guppies and kuhlis or cories. Probably so amanos too. And I may end up with a stray female dwarf gourami in there if she gets bullied by the male.

4. ThePetPavilion

ThePetPavilionValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +45
    Experience:
    Just started
    Sounds good.

5. AllThumbs

AllThumbsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    i love my betta imbellis (peaceful betta). he's in my 11g tall (? idk what it's called). i love the option to display the species that will live in a tank in the aquadvisor site.

Become a Fishlore Member