stocking options. 10 Gallon Tank 

aquariumgirl lauren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Kunsthure said:
I'm not recalling any readily-available barbs that are under 2.5".
There are always cherry barbs, they get 2 in, and they are also not as nippy as other barbs can be and they are so pretty! The males get this really deep red color and females are more of a brownish, but they are really active and fun to watch!

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I might get some various shrimp. Will the different species of shrimp fight? Will my guppies want to eat them?

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my shrimp get along fine with each other. I have red claw macro and red cherry shrimp together and they ignore one another. My guppies don't mess with the RCS either, even the small ones the size of my pinky. They would probably eat any baby shrimp though, but they are tiny.

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The baby shrimp get sucked into my filter usually..

I think I will get 1-2 more guppies.
I am hoping to get some metallic colored ones. I got a metallic blue one now that looks like a sports car! He's really pretty. Hopefully I can snag a green and purple one too.

I have decided that I like having less stocked of an aquarium, it is more beautiful and the fish are more fun to watch with much more swimming room.

Butters

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
cherry barbs are cool and would work well in a 10 gallon. You could get 3, 1 male and 2 females as they are not as "hardcore" of schooling fish as some other barbs.

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I went ahead and got 3 neon tetras instead of anymore guppies.

At
1 Honey Gourami
2 Guppies
3 Neon Tetras

am I overstocked for a 10 gallon? I would actually like to add 2-3 more neons to make them feel more safe.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom