Stocking Options

1. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I'm redoing one of my 4x1.5x1.5ft tanks. It now has an 50/50 natural black gravel & Eco-Complete Substrate & has just been planted. It will be a fairly heavily planted tank. Filtration is 2 x Eheim 2213's & it runs a DIY co2 rig.

So far I have put 2 x SAE & 2 x Otocinclus Affinis in it to keep the algae away while the plants get themselves established. Now that I have to wait for a few weeks my attention has turned to what I'm going to stock it with. I want to stick with a tropical community tank of small fish & would like to know which of the following stock lists you think would look best.

1 Peppermint BN, 2 SAE, 4 Oto Affinis, 6 Adolf's Cory, 10 Zebra Danio, 10 Rummynose Tetra, 10 Serpae Tetra & 10 Silvertip Tetra.
    OR
    1 Peppermint BN, 2 SAE, 4 Oto Affinis, 6 Adolf's Cory, 10 Cardinal Tetra, 12 Harlequin Rasbora, 10 Lemon Tetra & 6 Marbled Hatchets.
    OR
    1 Peppermint BN, 2 SAE, 4 Oto Affinis, 5 Adolf's Cory, 20 Harlequin Rasbora & 20 Lemon Tetra.

So which would be the best looking do you think & does anyone see any potential problems with any of those lists?

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I vote for the middle option.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I vote for #1-Rummynose tetras are so cute!