Stocking Options

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Milliemae124, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Milliemae124

Milliemae124 Valued Member Member

Hi so I’m thinking of getting this 29 litre tank but I don’t know what to do for stocking, I know that 6 gallons isn’t a lot.  

1 betta
    3-4 corydoras habrosous

Would this be an ok stocking? If not then I am happy to just have the betta and a nerite snail. :)

2. Abby565

Abby565 Valued Member Member

Just keep it to a Betta and a Nerite Snail. The Cories need a 20g and a school of at least 6. Also for a successful Betta community you would need a 20g.

3. OP
    OP
    Milliemae124

Ok thank you :)

4. W

Wildside Valued Member Member

Hi,

Depending on how planted your tank is you could also try some shrimps (Red cherries, ghost), they can add some color. I've found that they tend to ignore them.

5. OP
    OP
    Milliemae124

Ok thank you, I think I am going to look into some red cherry shrimp :)

6. W

Wildside Valued Member Member

If you decide to get some. I'd advise starting with just a couple. Just to see if he tries to eat them. I've had about 8 bettas and not one has ever eaten a shrimp. Some people have had a couple of issues however so it's best not to just buy a lot of expensive snacks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice