Stocking Options For 24 Gallon Aquarium

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Levinofish, Apr 21, 2017.

1. LevinofishValued MemberMember

2. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

How many guppies? 3 or 11?

What gender are the DGs?

I would add 2 more five banded barbs and leave it at that.

3. LevinofishValued MemberMember

11 guppies
    And they are male and female
    Okey tanks

4. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Ok then yeah just get 2 more barbs because they are schooling fish

5. Fish tankValued MemberMember

I like the guramies but are they fighting or did you have them in the same tank sense young

6. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Are you sure they are male and female? Females are hard to find and rarely sold. 2 Males will usually fight to the death. Could you post a picture of them?

7. sylviepldValued MemberMember

If you really want to add more fish I agree that adding 2 more barbs is a good idea. The bigger the school the more interesting their behavior. Or you could add a bristle nose pleco. They are pretty cool and their colors are nice once they are settled and relaxed. I wouldn't add more than that because you are already pretty fully stocked. This is a picture of one just like mine.

8. LevinofishValued MemberMember

Yes wen i bought them they where in the same tank

Cool

Yes I got them from a breeder he had natural colors male and females but I have the bred neon once 71bbe3284a570e4273e53d138ad40ba1.jpgb0662804321609bfb4c4bfab54cc18a3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
  9. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

What are the dimensions?

10. LevinofishValued MemberMember

I only know in cm
    80x40x35

11. AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

That is 31.5 x 16 x 14 inches

12. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

The gouramis do look like male and female, so no need to worry. I agree with BD, the stock is fine once you add two more barbs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice