Stocking my new tank

Ljayb2

(I already have the first 3 fish on this list wondering if I’d be overstocking by adding the dwarf gouramis and/or the ropefish

55 gallon:
Red tailed shark
Leopard gourami
3 angelfish
3 dwarf gourami
Rope fish

(I already have the gourami kinda worried about getting rasboras with her any good ideas for schooling fish for tank mates?) ( also keep seeing different things about killifish being by themselves is it okay or do the need to school?)
29 gallon:
Opaline gourami
15 harlequin rasbora
Male killifish
Bristlenose pleco

(This tank has everything but 2 of the Cory I was gonna get 4 but they only had 2 and haven’t found any since gonna just order them also my betta isn’t aggressive towards any one
10 gallon:
Male betta
4 neon tetra
4 panda Cory

ruud

So many people, so many opinions. I prefer 1 or perhaps 2 species of fish (if they really are compatible) per tank. 3 is really pushing the limit for me; I just don't enjoy watching it. 55 gallon is pretty large though; if you have some species with a strong preference to "stay in the bushes"; a species that actively swims around in the open; and a "center piece" in small numbers....yes, that could work. But if I see "red-tailed sharks", "leopard gourami", "angelfish", "rope fish" and "dwarf gourami" on the same list, you've completely lost me. Just my opinion.

Tigerburp

(I already have the first 3 fish on this list wondering if I’d be overstocking by adding the dwarf gouramis and/or the ropefish
55 gallon:
Red tailed shark
Leopard gourami
3 angelfish
3 dwarf gourami
Rope fish

(I already have the gourami kinda worried about getting rasboras with her any good ideas for schooling fish for tank mates?) ( also keep seeing different things about killifish being by themselves is it okay or do the need to school?)
29 gallon:
Opaline gourami
15 harlequin rasbora
Male killifish
Bristlenose pleco

(This tank has everything but 2 of the Cory I was gonna get 4 but they only had 2 and haven’t found any since gonna just order them also my betta isn’t aggressive towards any one
10 gallon:
Male betta
4 neon tetra
4 panda Cory
I think you should pick 3 and go with it , because right now it is messy and some of the options don’t really go well together

ProudPapa

Don't do multiple dwarf gouramis. As they get older they will almost certainly start fighting, and not stop until only one is left alive.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ljayb2
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Stocking 55 gallon tank
Replies
Views
ProudPapa