Stocking my new 20 Gallon Tank

esqueff

Hello all! hope you are doing great. I decided to upgrade my nano 6 gallon fluval edge to a 20 Gallon High. I transferred all my existing fish (4 Guppies, 5 celestial Pearls, and 1 nerite over to the new tank. I also transferred over my forest of dwarf sag and a few anacharis plants. I decide to go with black sand for this tank however so I did not transfer over my old normal sand substrate.
I would like to add some more Celestial pearls, 5 panda corys, and a powder blue dwarf gourami to the tank as well.

This would put my stock at:

4 Guppies
12 Celestial Pearl Danios
5 Panda Cory's
1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 Nerite Snail

What do you all think of this list? Aqadvisor puts it at 98% stocking level. Would you guys add or change anything? Let me know! Thank you all so much.

AquaticQueen

That would work, I would just do a couple more cory and add a few more guppies.
A tip for AquaAdvisor, double the water change percentage they give you.

Kieren Munson-Burke

I'd add another cory or two and call it a day. Looks like a fun tank!

jinjerJOSH22

I'll give you a warning about Dwarf Gourami, they can be aggressive and often come with serious health issues and I plan to actively dissuade people from getting them.
Honey Gourami are the far better option in terms of general health and temperament, keep them in a trio or more

flyinGourami

Hello all! hope you are doing great. I decided to upgrade my nano 6 gallon fluval edge to a 20 Gallon High. I transferred all my existing fish (4 Guppies, 5 celestial Pearls, and 1 nerite over to the new tank. I also transferred over my forest of dwarf sag and a few anacharis plants. I decide to go with black sand for this tank however so I did not transfer over my old normal sand substrate.
I would like to add some more Celestial pearls, 5 panda corys, and a powder blue dwarf gourami to the tank as well.

This would put my stock at:

4 Guppies
12 Celestial Pearl Danios
5 Panda Cory's
1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 Nerite Snail

What do you all think of this list? Aqadvisor puts it at 98% stocking level. Would you guys add or change anything? Let me know! Thank you all so much.
I'm not a stocking expert, but I would skip the guppies, get a trio of honeys instead of a dwarf, and add a extra panda or two.
Edit: Panda corydoras of course

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom