Stocking my 35 gallon

1. Fatecallsuponus Initiate Member

I just picked up a 35 gallon and I'm trying to plan out what i'm going to put in there. I've been using the aquarium advisor tool and everything looks alright, but I just wanted to get some human feedback. It'll be a planted tank, as much as I can get in there with some driftwood and rocks that I'm going to pick up from outside and prepare, and i'll have a fluval 206 canister filter. I've already got 6 black neon tetras I'm moving in, and I want to add 6 harlequin rasboras, a male swordtail and three females, along with a dwarf gourami

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You've got a lot going on in the middle & upper levels, you might find it looking a bit busy, also be prepared for lots of fry with 3 female swords dropping every 30 or so days.
    If it was my tank I'd leave out the swords & have a group of corys (yes I had to say it ;) ) for the bottom, bronze, albino or sterbai but there are many to choose from.

3. Fatecallsuponus Initiate Member

Hm, the Corys definitely sound good.. I think I will do that, get a group of them. 6 isn't it? And would it be okay to get one male swordfish? Along with that? I just like the look of them so much!! The 90 fry swimming around every 30 days is definitely unappealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Yes, corys should be kept in groups of 6+ & one male sword would be ok stocking wise but they do prefer harder water than the rest of your stock