Stocking my 34" tank... Again

1. DJMonty Well Known Member Member

Hey again guys.

I'm back, and my first thread is a stocking thread, as per the usual.

I still have my old tank (34" long, 22" high, 15" deep), which hasn't been stocked for months now.

What is suitable for this tank? Preferably a colourful, active, and rather large fish. Leaning more towards cichlids, as they seem to fit this description quite well... Although not Malawis or Tangyanikans.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Have you given any thought to Mbunas. They are colorful and very active. The have a whole social order in the tank and it is a lot of fun to watch. There are so many colors and varieties to choose from you can make your tank burst with color (oranges, yellows, blues, blacks, purples and every mixture in between.

3. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome back

You could keep a pair of medium sized New world cichlids with some larger danios and golden wonder killis.

4. DJMonty Well Known Member Member

Thanks, Wendy. And thanks, Jaysee.

Jaysee, which cichlids would you recommend?

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I think anything 6 inches or less will work well. As for specific species, angels would work. You can get 6 small ones and when a pair forms, return the rest. Or you could get blue acaras, firemouths, keyholes, chanchitos, convicts or honduran red points. There are many more.

6. DJMonty Well Known Member Member

Thanks, Jaysee.

Does this sound okay?

2 Blue Acaras
    6 Golden Wonder Killis
    6 Giant Danios

7. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I would only get a trio of killis. I thought for sure there were danios in the 3 inch range - I think the giants are too big. I think any appropriately sized mid to upper level schoolers will be fine.

8. DJMonty Well Known Member Member

Oh, okay. Thanks, Jaysee.

9. deon junior Member Member

have you thought about rainbows? they are very colorful