Stocking My 2nd Tank A 180 Gallon

BlazenFisher

Reaction score
I am relatively new to fish keeping but wound up with a 180 gallon tank about a month after cycling the tank I have
20 Zebra Danios
4 BN plecos
4 Swordtails
8 Green cory cats
4 mystery snails + babys

living happily in my tank. I was wondering, One, which schools needed more fish and how many. Also two, if there was possibly a single larger "center piece" fish i could add. Please keep in mind this is a planted tank with about 7.5 ph.

Thanks

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All the schooling numbers look fine. I would actually up the corydoras school to get a better effect, but your numbers are fine. I would also look into getting some pearl gourami, angels, or discus for your larger center piece fish. they actually arent super hard to take care of like many people think. I would also caution you on the zebra danios which are a colder water species of fish. they like it around 75 degrees max while the others want a temp closer to 79. In order to most benefit your fish, i would switch on the danios for another species.

BlazenFisher

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. My tank is at 77F and all the danios/others have seemed quite happy for the past month. I will keep a closer eye on them but i love the danios and don't want to get rid of them (or catch all those fast buggers).
I do like the idea of a Gourami or Angel. As long as they will be okay at the temp, being alone and that the Danios wont harass them too much. I was also thinking of something like a red tailed shark or rainbow shark? Or will these be too aggressive?

Again Thankyou

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels like it a bit hotter than 77. You could probably do the gourami, but thats the minimum temp i would keep them at. I would also stay away from the sharks. They are very aggresive fish and will bother everything in your aquarium. If you go with angels or gourami, i'm sure they will get a few bites off of them also.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom