Stocking my 29 gallon!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FishTankNewbie, Jul 10, 2015.

1. FishTankNewbie

FishTankNewbie New Member Member

Hey!!! I am new to this, but I have properly cycled my tank and I am finally ready to stock it! I am thinking of doing this:
    6 Fancy guppies
    8 Cardinal tetras
    3-4 Cories
    And finally an angel

I am just hoping that this isn't too much, and I would also like to know what type of shrimp I could possibly put in here as well. I would like them to help out with the maintenance :D

BTW I have caves and live plants in there as well if that makes a difference (It's also a long tank)
    Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore!
    Your cories will need to be in a school of at least 6 of their own species. An angelfish will not work in that small of a tank, they can get up to 6" long and tall. Instead, I would recommend a German Blue Ram or a Kribensis.

3. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

+1 ^ or a honey gourami, that would work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Dom90

I'm going to add that the kribensis is the fish in my avatar. She's got a nice pink spot on the belly.

5. OP
    OP
    FishTankNewbie

The Kribensis looks really cool, Got any other suggestions for a centerpiece? Also is it already too crowded for shrimp?

6. Dom90

Honey gourami, banded gourami, dwarf gourami, kribensis, bolivian ram, german blue ram, any of the Apisto cichlids

7. OP
    OP
    FishTankNewbie

Thank you so much for your help :D

8. Dom90

you're welcome. Just keep in mind that the rams like warmer temperatures, so you'll need warmer temperature cories also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice