Stocking my 20 gallon aquarium

BigManAquatics

Could maybe have some cories on the bottom. Don't know about 2 dwarf gourami's as they can be rather aggressive, but beyond that, should be do-able.

Motherlovebetta

Is it a 20 high or long? I would suggest maybe a pair of honey gourami 2F or 1M/1F they are peaceful from my experience. I dont know if danios are fin nippers or not (I’m pretty sure BigManAquatics has danios maybe he’d know) gouramis pectoral fins can get nipped from what I’ve read. I would maybe just stick to danios or guppies or a shoal of rasboras and get a bigger group and maybe some small cories on the bottom.

devilson

Is it a 20 high or long? I would suggest maybe a pair of honey gourami 2F or 1M/1F they are peaceful from my experience. I dont know if danios are fin nippers or not (I’m pretty sure BigManAquatics has danios maybe he’d know) gouramis pectoral fins can get nipped from what I’ve read. I would maybe just stick to danios or guppies or a shoal of rasboras and get a bigger group and maybe some small cories on the bottom.
i would defo get some honey gouramis but they rather hand to find here but dwarfs are pretty much everywhere. yea i have heard danios can get a bit nippy but mostly only when they are in smaller schools or a small tank. i was thinking cardinals too are an option. the tank dimensions are 60cmX30cmX40cm
Could maybe have some cories on the bottom. Don't know about 2 dwarf gourami's as they can be rather aggressive, but beyond that, should be do-able.
yes corys if i can find em sure thats a nice idea. also i heard like male dwarfs are agressive to other males but do fine with a female

BigManAquatics

I know i have seen my danios nip at each others fins. Havent noticed them going after my other fish.

Motherlovebetta

i would defo get some honey gouramis but they rather hand to find here but dwarfs are pretty much everywhere. yea i have heard danios can get a bit nippy but mostly only when they are in smaller schools or a small tank. i was thinking cardinals too are an option. the tank dimensions are 60cmX30cmX40cm
I think that’s a high. Ahhh I would probably try and make sure to get a M/F dwarf then. I have heard the males can be aggressive with one another. Cardinals would be pretty in a planted tank with them.

Mii

I think dwarf gouramis will probably do better as either a single, or 3+ with more females than males. Having just two of most fish can be bad with the exception of things like breeding pairs of cichlids since they like to pair off.

devilson

I know i have seen my danios nip at each others fins. Havent noticed them going after my other fish.
has it gone too bad to the point that a fish had to pass away?
I think that’s a high. Ahhh I would probably try and make sure to get a M/F dwarf then. I have heard the males can be aggressive with one another. Cardinals would be pretty in a planted tank with them.
not sure if i want to get more plants its gonna be just the pothos mostly

BigManAquatics

has it gone too bad to the point that a fish had to pass away?
I did lose one of them, but never found it-so no clue what was the cause.

devilson

I think dwarf gouramis will probably do better as either a single, or 3+ with more females than males. Having just two of most fish can be bad with the exception of things like breeding pairs of cichlids since they like to pair off.
makes sense
I did lose one of them, but never found it-so no clue what was the cause.
ok i will look into it. i am a bit picky about fish ngl i will just see which schooling fish catches my eye in the store

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kmangan106
  • Question
Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies
Views
ybinson
  • Question