Stocking My 110 Litre Tank Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Hubba7, May 12, 2019.

1. Hubba7 New Member Member

2. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

Possibly how much water changes are you willing to do since you have 2 schooling fish

3. fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

how often and how big are the water changes are, what type of filtration you have running helps determine if a tank is overstocked i cant speak to your stock level because i dont know how many gallons 110 leatres are but if you do enough water changes i think youd be fine

4. Hubba7 New Member Member

I’ve been doing one a week but have been informed two would be better for ram’s/apisto’s

5. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

It’s about a 29 gallon

6. fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

what percent are you removing and replacing each time?

also i would check to make sure they are tempature compatible i dont know off the top of my head if they are but its always a good idea to check

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019
  7. Hubba7 New Member Member

110 litres = about 26 gallon’s. I’ve been doing 20% water changes every week. I have a fluval 206 external filter.

8. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

So googles wrong   Sorry not trying to be rude

9. fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

i think you should be fine is a planted tank? i ask because plants help remove nitrite from the water

10. Hubba7 New Member Member

My tanks set to 27C, that’s about 80F. To my knowledge(research) I think they should all be good at that temp.

11. fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

i think you should be fine then

12. Hubba7 New Member Member

Sorry I was going on US gallons but it’s 29 US gallons

13. fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

just remember that what works for one person might not work for another so always cross check information

14. Hubba7 New Member Member

I have some java fern but will be adding more plants in advance of additional fish.

15. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

sorry I’m an uneducated American that didn’t know there was more than one gallon that Canadian education system

16. Hubba7 New Member Member

No worries ha