Stocking My 10g

1. Madison Lancaster

Madison Lancaster Initiate Member

I have a ten gallon, planted aquarium. I plan on getting some ghost shrimp, golden white clouds, and a betta. I already have a pink Glofish tetra (not danio, TETRA) who is about 1 1/4". I want to know if it would be alright to put them all together or if I should figure something else out. Fluffy, the tetra, has been lonely and depressed but I do not want to get any more glofish tetras due to having such a small tank.

Attached Files:

2. shutterbug13

shutterbug13 Well Known Member Member

Both the white cloud mountain minnows and glofish tetra need a twenty gallon tank minimum due to their activity level and the fact they need to be in schools of at least five to six. They also need cooler water than bettas. Due to bettas potential aggression, a twenty gallon is the minimum size for a betta community.
    I would rehome Fluffy and just have a betta with some shrimp. If you want schooling fish instead of a betta, look at this list Stocking List for 10 Gallons and choose one school.

3. OP
    OP
    Madison Lancaster

I agree that the glofish tetra needs a larger tank, but I disagree with the golden white clouds and betta. A ten gallon is alright with them, and I have done my research. I want to know how the white clouds will behave with fluffy. If I must rehome him, I can.

4. shutterbug13

A ten gallon is definitely fine for a betta but not with the golden white clouds. They need much colder water than the betta. Keeping fish at incorrect temperatures can drastically shorten their lifespan. White clouds also get over an inch long which is too big for a schooling fish in a ten gallon.
    While the white clouds might not bother Fluffy, Fluffy will be extremely stressed at not being in a proper school.

5. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

Have to agree with shutterbug13 White Clouds like it much cooler than bettas.

6. OP
    OP
    Madison Lancaster

Ok what if I got more of the tetras like fluffy and a few shrimp? And added in some danios?

7. shutterbug13

I afraid that wouldn't work either. Fluffy and other skirt tetras need a twenty gallon, as do most danios. There is also room for only one school in a ten gallon.